Andie Buckley scored from a free kick and assisted another Columbia River goal to help Rapids beat Hockinson 2-1 in a 2A Greater St. Helens League on Thursday.
River led 1-0 at half-time after a goal from Raya Janson, which came out of a Buckley feed.
Hockinson’s Bridget Brennan opened the scoring for an unassisted goal with approximately 10 minutes left in the second half.
Goalkeeper Ashley Suva made six saves for the Hawks and River goalkeeper Alia Rust five.
stars of the day
- Prairie Volleyball’s Ella Conklin recorded 15 kills, 7 blocks, 4 digs and 1 ace in the Falcons’ 3-0 sweep of the Battleground.
- Alex Rigby, a Mountain View boys golfer, pitched 3 under par 31 the afternoon low round for four strokes as part of a Thunder win over Evergreen at Fairway Village.
- Adrianne Agbayani, an Evergreen women’s soccer player, assisted on each of the team’s first four goals and scored two goals, all before half-time, in an eventual 8-1 win over Reynolds (Ore.).
- Jacob Parker, a Seton Catholic men’s golfer, hit 1 under par 35 to finish at the top of the leaderboard in a match between the Cougars and King’s Way Christian at Club Green Meadows.
- Columbia River Boys Golfer Jack Kendrick shot 4 under par 32 at Heron Lakes (Greenback Field) in a win over Woodland.
- Dane Huddleston, Woodland boys golf, pitched 3 under par 33 at Heron Lakes (Greenback Field) against Columbia River.
- Annie Hite of Skyview Volleyball had 8 hits, 24 assists, 6 kills and 1 ace in a 3-0 win over Mountain View.
- Shaela Bradley, a women’s soccer player for La Center, scored two goals and provided three assists in the Wildcats’ victory over Fort Vancouver.
- Claire Jones, a Ridgefield women’s soccer player, scored three goals in the Spudders’ victory over Hudson’s Bay.
- Elissa Jones, a volleyball player for Hockinson, had a team-record seven kills, as well as three aces, in a 3-0 win over Hudson’s Bay.
- Natalie Andrew and Callie Curran, Ridgefield Volleyball. Andrew had 20 kills and Curran 47 assists in the Spudders’ 3-0 win over Woodland.