Apple Arcade saw the launch of the NBA 2K franchise on the platform in 2021 and NBA 2K22 followed last year. Now, Apple has announced that NBA 2K23 is set to launch on its gaming service in October with everything you love about the franchise, plus a new “Greatest” mode.
Apple has added NBA 2K23 Arcade Edition to its “Coming Soon” list of titles in the Arcade tab of the App Store.
Scheduled for an October 18 release date, the hit franchise NBA 2K is bringing an exclusive version of the game to this year’s release on Apple Arcade. This includes a new “Greatest” mode.
“Coming soon to Apple Arcade; NBA 2K23 Arcade Edition is the latest title in the world-renowned NBA 2K franchise. Exclusively on Apple Arcade, test your skills in the new ‘Greatest’ mode. Complete challenges and earn points to see who really is the greatest finisher, pitcher, playmaker or defender in the NBA. For the first time ever, you can face off against the 20 “greatest of all time” NBA players from the 76th season of the NBA like Devin Booker, Kevin Durant and Luka Doncic, and NBA legends like Michael Jordan, Shaquille O’Neal and Dirk Nowitzki.
You can tap “Get” on the game’s Apple Arcade listing here to automatically download it once it’s available on October 18th.
Key Features of NBA 2K23 Arcade Edition
- Start your NBA journey – from a young rookie to an NBA legend
- Create your player and choose physical characteristics like height, wingspan, weight, playing style and more
- Choose your position and play for your favorite NBA team
- Modify your stats and build: become a 3-point expert or master and sink in paint
- Join your own private MyCOURT and practice exercises and tutorials to improve your skills
- Become the GM and Head Coach of your favorite NBA franchise and build your NBA dream team in The Association
- Manage your NBA roster and trade, sign free agents, explore promising prospects and control your team’s finances
Quick Start Modes:
- Test your skill with authentic basketball gameplay, choose your favorite NBA team and play against rivals from across the NBA in 5v5 basketball games
- Blacktop Mode: Select your favorite players and play street basketball in 1v1, 3v3 or 5v5 game modes
Online Multiplayer Mode:
- Choose one of 30 NBA teams and compete head to head with a friend in 3v3 street basketball in Blacktop mode against a friend
- Online multiplayer games: play real-time PVP basketball in online matches
- Play alone or against friends via iCloud – on your iPhone, iPad, Mac or Apple TV.
- Compatibility with Xbox or PS DualShock controllers
FTC: We use automatic affiliate links that generate income. Most.
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news: