Women’s Football | September 21, 2022
PHILADELPHIA – The La Salle women’s soccer team (5-4, 0-2 A-10) wants to get back on track Thursday night with a matchup against George Washington at McCarthy Stadium. The kick-off is scheduled for 18:00. The Explorers are also scheduled to face the VCU in an A-10 away showdown on Sunday, starting at 2pm. Both games will be broadcast live on ESPN+.
ABOUT THE EXPLORERS
- La Salle suffered a 1-0 loss on Sunday at Loyola Chicago, marking the third straight loss to a quality opponent.
- The Explorers had already faced Rutgers and Saint Louis, ranked nationally.
- Freshman Ricshya Walker led the team with four shots against the Ramblers, including one that hit the crossbar early in the second half.
- Michela Auguadro recorded 10 saves and played every minute of every game in goal for the Explorers this season.
- Last year, La Salle defeated GW 1-0 thanks to a goal from Camaren Cox at 59 minutes.
- Against VCU, the Explorers were defeated by a similar 1-0 score at McCarthy Stadium.
ABOUT GEORGE WASHINGTON
- The Colonials enter the competition Thursday unbeaten at 3-0-5, and are 0-0-2 in the A-10.
- GW drew George Mason and Fordham, with the game against the Rams ending 2–2 on September 18.
- Rachel Sorkenn scored her sixth best-team goal of the season against Fordham, good for third-highest at Atlantic 10.
- The Rams have drawn seven notable games so far and are 2-1-7 overall in 2022.
- VCU equaled GW in the Atlantic 10 game and enters the week with a 0-0-2 record against league opponents.
- Kendal Sarver leads the team with five goals and 11 points this year, with no other VCU player having recorded more than one goal this season.