Brian, Texas — Team No. 15 of Texas Women’s Golf shot rounds of 6-under and 8-under and maintains a three-shot lead after the opening day of the “Mo” Morial Invitational on Tuesday at Traditions Club.
Sophie Guo is at the top of the individual leaderboard after breaking the 36-hole tournament scoring record with rounds of 68-67 (135) and 9-under tournament.
The Longhorns also set a new 36-hole scoring record for the tournament with 14 under 562. The previous 36-hole record was 569, set in 2014 by Auburn.
Texas leads Texas A&M by three strokes and Florida by seven strokes going into the final round of the game tomorrow.
• Senior Sophie Guo birdied his last two holes of the day to finish a 5 under 67 for the second round of the day. Guo has a one-shot lead going into the final round.
• Second year Bohyun Park shot rounds of 71-71 to finish 2 under the day and is in ninth place for the tournament.
• Junior Bentley cotton shooting rounds of 72-71 for a 1 under and is tied for 16º in the tournament. Botton made four birdies in his final round.
• Freshman Cindy Hsu continued his strong game. Guo consistently played 15 par in his second round and is in par in the tournament.
• Freshman Emily Odwin made his collegiate debut with a score of 2 over 36 holes and is tied for 22na in the tournament.
The “Mo” Morial Invitational ends tomorrow with the final 18 holes.