Princeton (1-2-1) vs Loyola (2-2-2)
September 20 | 7pm | Sherrerd Field
ESPN+ | International Flow | Live Stats | game program
Princeton (1-2-1) vs Rider (1-4-1)
September 23 | 7pm | Sherrerd Field
TV: NBC Sports Philly | ESPN+ | International Flow | Live Stats | game program
Princeton returns home for two matches this week, hosting Loyola (September 20) and Rider (September 23) at Sherrerd Field.
Notes to know:
- Princeton is 5-7-4 all-time against Loyola and 2-4-2 at home.
- The last meeting between the Tigers and the Greyhounds was a 2–0 win by Loyola in Baltimore on September 14, 2019. The Greyhounds scored twice in the final 28 minutes of the match, connecting in the 63′ and 77′ to secure the win. Five from Princeton’s current list – Ben Bograd, Walker Gillespie, Lucas Gen, Ryan Clara and Daniel Diaz Bonilla saw time in that match, with Bograd and Gillespie equalizing.
- The Tigers have seen some interesting goals scored this season – both for and against. Of Princeton’s four goals this season, two were against goals scored by the opponent. On the other hand, of the seven goals scored against Princeton, three came through own goals – one conceded in each of the last three games.
- Princeton’s last two games have included own goals from each team.
- Loyola has been 0-1-2 for the past three games, most recently losing a 2-1 decision to the Army to open the Patriot League game.
- Kelan Swales has seven points on three goals and an assist. He had goals in three consecutive games from 29/08 to 09/09.
- The Tigers are 16-3-3 all-time against Rider. The last meeting between the two neighbors was in 2019, with Princeton winning 2-1 at home. Walker Gillespie had a goal and an assist in that match, scoring in the 50′ and assisting in a Kevin O’Toole 1:40 later to give Princeton a 2-0 lead. The Broncs converted a penalty in the 60′, but went without a shot on goal the rest of the way.
- This season, the Broncs are 1-4-1 overall, but they’re 1-0-1 in their last two games. Last week, they earned a 2-0 win over Central Connecticut State and a 2-2 draw with NJIT.
- Adel Al-Masude has two goals to lead Rider in scoring, Lenny Cidolit has three assists.
- Guillame Veinante played every minute in goal for Rider, posting a GAA of 2.17 and a defense percentage of 0.639.