BURLINTON, North Carolina – With three players in the top six of the individual standings, the Elon University women’s golf team leads after the first two rounds of the third annual Elon Invitational on Monday, September 19 at the Alamance Country Club.
Elon’s team A combined for a par 570 2-over to lead the team standings. Annabelle Ackroyd and Lotte Fox are tied for third on the individual leaderboard, and Ashley Lanfontaine is alone in sixth place. Elon’s B team is in sixth place in the team rankings after posting a par 603 over 35.
“We started the first two rounds well. I thought everyone contributed,” said the coach. Chris Dockrill said. “I’m also very excited about our B team, they played very well in the second round. Looking forward to tomorrow’s round. We hope to run a below average round for a strong finish.”
- Ashley Lanfontaine posted the lowest score of the day for Phoenix with 68 in the second round. Lanfontaine had five birdies in his second round, the most in a round by any Elon player. The freshman is alone in sixth in the individual standings.
- After an opening round 70, Annabelle Ackroyd carded a 1-over 72 in the second round and is tied for third in the individual standings. The senior’s seven birdies were the best of the team and are tied for most on the field.
- Lotte Fox hit three of its last seven holes to hit a second round of 70 and move to a tie for third on the individual leaderboard. The junior made 24 pars and tied for fifth in the field on par-4 scores (4.09).
- Rounds of 69 and 77 have Ngamwong apple tied for eighth in the individual standings. The junior was tied for fifth on the field on the par-4 score (4.09).
- Svarin Yuenyong is tied for field lead on par-3 score (2.88). After rounds of 75 and 74, the senior is tied for 15th in the individual standings.
- Annie Wu led Elon’s B team on day one with rounds of 77 and 73. The freshman tied for first on par-3 scores (2.88) as she had seven pars and one birdie on the par-3 holes.
- Elon’s team A led the field in par-3 scoring average (3.00) and Elon’s team B came in second (3.08). Six Elon players were in the top 10 on the field in the par-3 score.
- Elon’s A team also walked the field averaging par-4 scores (4.11) and birdies (28).
The Invitational ends tomorrow with the third and final round. The game will start at 8:30 am and will feature a shotgun blast.
1. Elon (285-285–570) +2
2. William & Mary (296-289–585) +17
3. UNC Greensboro (293-296–589) +21
4. Gardner Webb (300-296–596) +28
5. Radford (298-304–602) +34
6. Elon – B (307-296–603) +35
7. Presbyterian (313-298–611) +43
8. North Carolina A&T (302-310–612) +44
9. Appalachian State (312-306–618) +50
10. Queens (309-317–626) +58
11. North Carolina Central (322-334–656) +88
T3. Annabelle Ackroyd (70-72–142) AND
T3. Lotte Fox (72-70–142) AND
6. Ashley Lanfontaine (75-68–143) +1
T8. Ngamwong apple (69-77–146) +4
T15. Svarin Yuenyong (74-75–149) +7
T17. Annie Wu (77-73–150) +8
T20 Andrea Asmundsdottir (77-74–151) +9
T26. Charlotte Scully (78-74–152) +10
T26. Katie Kennedy (75-77–152) +10
T33. Sakura Kawakami (78-75–153) +11
— ELON —