COLLEGE PARK, Md.- Penn State men’s football will travel to College Park, Maryland for a tough road race against Maryland’s No. 8. The game will be broadcast nationally on the Big Ten network with a kick-off at 7pm.
- Date: Tuesday, September 20, 2022 | Time: 19:00 ET
- Location: College Park, Maryland | Place: Ludwig Field
- live stats | To see: big ten Network
- Admission: Free
General admission tickets to Ludwig Field are $10 for adults and $5 for children and seniors. they can be purchased here.
· The Nittany Lions won their most recent game against Wisconsin, 1-0, in the Big Ten season opener and the 10th annual Mack Brady Match.
· Van Danielson scored the only goal of the game in the 86th minute, scoring his first career goal. Matthew Henderson crossed the ball to Danielson in the area who headed into the back of the net.
· Kris Shakes made several crucial corner saves throughout the game to keep the Badgers from scoring.
· Penn State beat Wisconsin 9-3.
· This victory marked the Nittany Lions’ sixth straight win in their series with Wisconsin.
· Penn State is now 7-1-2 in the annual Mack Brady Match.
Nittany Lions vs. most recent terps
· The last game between Penn State and Marlyand resulted in a 3-2 victory for Penn State in overtime.
· Penn State scored three unanswered goals, after losing by two, to lead Maryland’s No. 7 in the game.
· Andrew Privett, Peter Mangione and Seth Kuhn all scored goals for the Nittany Lions. Kuhn scored the equalizer and Privett scored the winning goal in overtime.
· Maryland leads the all-time series 20-25-6.
· The four most recent games between the two teams went into overtime.
· Maryland ranked 8th in United’s football coaches survey last week.
· The Terps are 4-1-1 so far this season, their last game ending in a 2-1 win at Michigan.
· They are on a three-game winning streak.
· Malcolm Johnson won the Big Ten Co-Offensive Player of the Week (13/09). He scored a penalty goal to beat Georgetown’s number 21 and recorded a goal and an assist against Virginia.
· Niklas Neumann won the Big Ten Co-Defensive Player of the Week (13/09). In the game against the Hoyas, Neumann made five saves and stopped a penalty against Virginia.
· William Kulvik was named Big Ten Player of the Week for the first week of August.
· Maryland finished the 2021 season with a 12-4-2 record and lost in the first round of the NCAA Tournament to LIU.