PHOENIX – NASCAR Championship Weekend at Phoenix Raceway brings the ‘NASCAR Racing Experience’ to fans in November, including the unique opportunity to drive race cars on the track!
“Our fans can really get into a NASCAR stock car and do laps [on] the same track that the professional drivers will be riding all weekend,” said Julie Giese, Phoenix Raceway President, to ABC15. “You can drive a car with an instructor/professional driver, or you can even get your hand behind the wheel if you like and do your own lap of the track in a stock car. There are several days that we will do that.”
Fans can purchase tickets for timed racing sessions that range from five to 48 minutes. Ride-along programs are also available. Prices start at $129.
The experience will be available November 1-3 and November 7.
If you go or decide to book a session, keep the following in mind:
- You must be in possession of a valid driver’s license.
- You must not be taller than 6′ 7′ tall and 300 pounds; passengers for the Ride along must be a minimum of 5′ tall and 100 lbs.
- If the participating fan is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must be present.
- Reservations are not required, but it is “highly recommended to book in advance” as space is limited.
- “Speeds are definitely regulated; this is not your own race. There are times when you might be with other people, but they give you space to make sure it’s the best experience possible for everyone on the track,” Giese said.
- Click here for ticket sales and other information.
SOLD OUT AND PLANS FOR 2023
As tickets for the 2022 NASCAR championship weekend disappear, the motorsport organization confirmed it would return to Phoenix in 2023. Read more about the announcement here.